Who is Generation-Y?
This wonderfully unique generation comprises of people born between (approximately) 1980 and 2002.
Apart from being known as Gen-Y, other popular names are The Echo Boomers; The Nexters; The Bittersweet Generation; the Millenials; Generation Dotcom; Net Generation; E-Gen and Cyber Generation.
Why is it called Gen-Y?
Because they love asking "Why?
What makes this generation unique?
Noticeable difference between the "conflicting" generations
- Listen to them when they speak.
- Answers their questions and address their concerns to the best of your ability.
- Admit to it if you don't know the answer or solution to a problem, since that will earn their confidence and respect.
- Treat them with respect and treat matters they discuss with you in confidence.
- Provide feedback, advice and mentoring without harbouring any expectation that your advice or guidance will be heeded.
- Be honest and sincere.
- Support their expression of individuality.
- Provide and support frequent change and understand their need for change.
© Copyright 2014. All Rights Reserved.